Garmin triathlon of paris 2020 route
A GROUPED AND SIMPLIFIED TRIATHLON
The Garmin Triathlon of Paris will settle again in La Villette. For you, there will be nothing simpler: a centralized departure and arrival around an exhibiting village.
All transitions will be made in the only transition park located on the Parc de la Villette.
Organizing your day will be very easy: just make sure you’ll be ready on D-Day!
Saturday, June 27th: 10am - 6pm (Pick up your bib / MANDATORY bike storage on Saturday in the transition park).
Sunday, June 28: All participants must go to their location in the transition area before going to their departure airlock to drop off their transition bag (which contains only the equipment you will need during the race - no luggage) and check the tire pressure of their bike left the day before.
- Olympic/Relay Triathlon : 6:00 am - 7:00 am
- Sprint Triathlon : 7:00 am - 8:00 am
- Reopening of the park: 11:30 am - 2:00pm (pick up your bike)
See the transition park as organized in 2019. We will obviously keep you posted if we make changes!
Departures will be organized in the form of waves, to facilitate and secure the athletes' entry into the water. Your precise starting time will be communicated to you before the race.
- 8:00 am : Wave 0 (single wave starting simultaneously, in the water).
- 8:05 am : Wave 1
- 8:10 am : Wave 2
- 8:15 am : Wave 3
- 8:20 am : Wave 4
- 8:25 am : Wave 5
- 8:30 am : Wave 6
- 9:00 am : Wave 7
- 9:05 am : Wave 8
- 9:10 am : Wave 9
- 9:15 am : Wave 10
- Only the start of Wave 0 will be given in the water. For the other waves, the start takes place in "rolling start" (chrono triggered by the passage of each participant on a timing mat), with the possibility of diving or descending via a staircase.
- Participants in the Olympic Relay Triathlon, participants from the Corporate Offer, as well as paratriathletes are free to start in the wave of their choice between 8am and 8:30am (olympic start).
In order to guarantee the smooth running of the event, authorized time limits are set. If you exceed these times, the referees will not let you continue the race at the time of transition. But don't worry, you have enough time to finish your race whatever your level !