The Commited Triathlon
THE GARMIN TRIATHLON DE PARIS CSR APPROACH
As a leading event, the Garmin Triathlon de Paris is duty bound to be exemplary, especially with regard to environmental responsibility and inclusion. An ecosystem of environmental, sustainable, responsible and solidarity-based actions has been implemented because swimming, riding and running responsibly shows commitment to solidarity in sport by setting an example. Since 2019, the Garmin Triathlon de Paris has been awarded the Accessible Sport and Sustainable Triathlon labels, which pay witness to our actions and to the trust placed in us by the French Federation for Triathlons.
A SUSTAINABLE TRIATHLON
This label, created in 2010 by the French Federation for Triathlons, is used to highlight organisations that adopt a sustainable development approach and implement concrete actions in the field. In order to do this, the organisation must put in place a certain number of actions.
- REDUCE, SORT AND CONVERT WASTE
- Considerable reduction in bottles at refreshment points: whenever possible, we connect to existing water points to significantly reduce the use of plastic bottles. In such cases, water is distributed in cups made entirely from cardboard.
- Waste management at the event village, refreshment points and the finishing line zone (yellow bins, biowaste, etc.).
- Limitation of food distributed in individual sachets.
- Retrieval of shoes left by competitors at the start of the swimming section by the association Les Pinces à Linge, specialised in cleaning and rehabilitation of shoes for the most underprivileged.
- ADAPT PURCHASES
- For the first time, the bag provided to competitors before the event will be made of recycled plastic.
- PLAY THE GREATEST PART POSSIBLE IN SUSTINABLE MOBILITY
- We promote cycling, public transport, car sharing and free carbon offsetting via CO2
- PROPOSE RESPONSIBLE FOOD CHOICES
- Choice of foodstuffs in accordance with the season.
- Distribution of remaining food at the end of the event.
- SUPPORT SOLIDARITY ORGANISATIONS
- A stand raising awareness of organ donation will be present in the event village.
A TRIATHLON ACCESSIBLE TO ALL
The Garmin Triathlon de Paris wants to welcome all participants and this is why we put in place a variety of actions to improve the welcome of para-triathletes and enable them to enjoy optimal safety conditions during their participation.
- To welcome para-triathletes and the Joëlette wheelchairs pushed and handled by their carers.
- To provide dedicated volunteers.
- To provide distinctive caps.
- To draw up specific protocols.
- To promote and highlight access to sport for all in our communication material.
- To promote triathlons as a means of inclusion. Accessible to all also means adapting the race formats so that sportspeople with different skill levels can enjoy the 3 sports and become triathletes.
In 2023, the Garmin Triathlon de Paris offers you a new format, the duathlon, in addition to the usual triathlons. If you fear the swimming part, the duathlon is the perfect compromise that will allow you to link 3 disciplines while enjoying Paris!
Triathlon or Duathlon, S or M, individual or relay... there is inevitably an event that suits you!